PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Die Rekultivierung der Türkei!

PERIKLIS
05.10.2006, 09:44
Ok, "Rekultivierung" bedeutet eigentlich etwas anderes, aber im Endeffekt auch wieder das von mir gemeinte, nähmlich das einhauchen von Kultur, das Land zivilisiert zu machen ;)

‘Greco-mania’ in Turkey
Greek culture is gaining fans in Istanbul and on the country’s west coast

This shop sells traditional Greek sweets on the Asia Minor coast. Many Turks are rediscovering Greek culture and remembering the years when they lived with Greeks in Istanbul and on the coast.

By Alexandros Massavetas - Kathimerini

The Turks call the recent surge in cultural and social interest in their neighbor to the west “Greek mania.”

Greek names are appearing on shop signs, hotels and restaurants. Interiors are designed with Hellenism in mind, featuring statues of ancient heroes or even imitations of icons of the Virgin Mary.

The songs of Haris Alexiou, Evanthia Reboutsika, Angela Dimitriou and Sakis Rouvas are echoing out of windows and blasting out of radios.

One radio producer even said that Greek music is not considered foreign.

In Istanbul, the phenomenon is linked with nostalgia for the good old days, when the city was a cosmopolitan mix of communities. This sense of whimsy has even spread down the west coast, where Greek communities thrived before the population exchange 80 years ago.

Just 15 years ago, tour guides would tell Greek tourists visiting the ruins of Ephesus that these ancient Greek towns had been settled by Ionians, a non-Greek tribe. Greek inscriptions were described as being written in “ancient Turkish.”

Smyrna Greeks

Journalist Mine Kirikkanat, a Kemalist and sworn enemy of Islamic fundamentalists, has had a lot to do with this new attitude toward Greece.

Greeks are surprised that someone who is both a Kemalist and the daughter of an army officer would support Greece like this. But this mind-set is not limited to the Turkish middle classes, some of whom view the Greeks as intellectual and cultural equals.

“When they say they miss us, they mean they can’t abide living alongside the Kurds and provincial Turks who took Greeks’ place in the Phanar district and Pera and who are now in the majority,” said a civil service official who decided to become an Orthodox Christian even though he did not speak Greek.

“I consider myself Greek, although I have a Turkish name and Turkish is my mother tongue, because I feel closer to the West and reject anything to do with Islam,” added the civil servant, saying he did not tell people he was baptized because he did not want to deal with the repercussions.

Greco-Mania (http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_ell_5614372_04/10/2006_74977)

Die Türkei wird von innen heraus verändert werden, aber ich denke die Türken mongo9lischen Ursprungs werden mit ihrem fanatischen Nationalismus wieder den §301 herauskramen und eine Menge Menschen ihr griechisches Erbe verbeiten! ;)

Ka0sGiRL
05.10.2006, 22:41
“I consider myself Greek, although I have a Turkish name and Turkish is my mother tongue, because I feel closer to the West and reject anything to do with Islam,” added the civil servant, saying he did not tell people he was baptized because he did not want to deal with the repercussions.

So sieht Integration aus.